Many people who are looking to start a blog, create an e-commerce site, or do anything else online-related choose JustHost. Just Host has been around since 1996 and they have grown over the years to offer support in many languages and boast more than 1 million customers worldwide.
They provide hosting for all types of websites and offer shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated servers as well as domain registration services. In this JustHost Review, we will take a look at what makes them one of the most popular web hosts today as well as some of their downsides so you can make an informed decision about which host is best for your needs!
What is JustHost?
JustHost offers an affordable hosting solution for those just starting with its simple plans and easy-to-navigate website.
Just as it says in the name, “just” is all you need with this small web hosting company based in Portsmouth that focuses mainly on shared hosting plans. With several different competitively priced options at your disposal, there’s something suitable for everyone without having to spend more than necessary or put too much time into comparison shopping.
When Endurance International Group bought the company in 2008, they had no idea how successful it would be. The network has given internet service providers and website owners an alternative to web hosting giants like GoDaddy or Network Solutions, notorious for going down at a moment’s notice without warning.
The key difference between this type of host and other types is that hosts are not actually storing your content on their servers; instead, you’re downloading files from them as needed, so even if one server goes offline, there will still be others operating smoothly online.
JustHost Pricing and Plan
New subscribers can get a plan with the lowest monthly hosting cost of $3.49 per month, but they have limited time to sign up for their annual subscription at this rate.
The 36-month contract is more expensive up front, but it only needs renewal every three years instead of annually. In addition, it will save you money on your yearly subscription costs overall since these plans start lower than most other providers’ pricing structures ($9.49).
Depending on the detailed plan you choose, there may be one-time setup costs. JustHost will indeed forego this cost for those who prefer the parent hosting plan.
You can select added services (if they don’t currently consist of the plan you chose). These attachments can include automatic website backups, search engine jumpstart, and site lock security.
It has a 30-day money-back guarantee on all hosting plans. So, if you find that JustHost is not the alternative for you, you can cancel your Account and receive a refund for the remainder of your term. The reimbursement does not include set up and domain registration costs. If you’ve received a free domain name, you can keep it.
VPS Hosting Plans
VPS hosting plans are the natural follow-up for someone who has outgrown the sources of a familiar destination or is expecting a significant increase in website traffic.
In the latter case, executing a VPS plan immediately (rather than picking a common goal and updating it later) means much less movement and reduces downtime for the website.
JustHost uses four different VPS options for you to choose from. When deciding which alternative is best for your needs, consider the following:
- The variety of CPU cores
- Allocation of RAM and storage
- Data transfer limits
Whichever alternative you choose, you get a free domain name, two specialized IP addresses (unless you choose the entry-level plan, which includes a technical IP address), and a Linux-based setting (CentOS in particular 6.5)).
JustHost’s VPS options are cloud-based services with an improved cPanel (a preferred brand name of the control panel) for GUI-based website management.
You get full access to the origin, secured server sources, instant deployment, and the ability to manage multiple accounts in one location. Sounds good? Visit JustHost right now.
JustHost’s top offering is cloud-based specialized server hosting. These options manage by JustHost and can be provision instantly.
If you choose a dedicated server, you have three options to choose from. When deciding which server is most acceptable for your busy, resource-intensive website, here are some things to consider:
- The CPU that powers your server
- The amount of area reserved for your cache
- RAM and memory allocation
- Data transmission / bandwidth optimum
- Multiple specialized IP addresses.
- Whichever alternative you choose, you’ll get a free domain name. Your server setting will undoubtedly run CentOS 6.5 by default. If you need to upgrade your storage, you can do so by purchasing increments of 500GB, 1TB, or 2TB.
- All of your data is backed up instantly by RAID, and you get complete management of your server with accessibility benefits of origin.
- Instead of relying on the command line to manage your website and web server, you get access and use an improved cPanel. Many hosts generally only consist of shared hosting plans.
Pricing and Billing for VPS Plans and Dedicated Servers
The 4 VPS plans are available with initial prices starting at $19.99 per month. Resuscitation rates start at $29.99.
JustHost’s three unique plans start at $79.99 per month. Resuscitation rates start at $109.99 per month.
You can spend each month on a VPS plan or dedicated server or prepay for an extended 3, 6, 12, 24, or 36-month agreement. As with the shared hosting plans, a more extended agreement gives you a discount on your monthly hosting costs: the longer your contract, the higher your discount rate.
You can select added services (if they do not currently include your chosen plan), B. Search Engine Jump-Start, and Site Lock Security.
Unlike many other vendors who don’t offer refunds for purchases of VPS plans and specialized servers, JustHost consists of these premium options in its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Overview of JustHost Features
JustHost is ideal for people who are just getting started on a blog, website, or portfolio. Their plans include unlimited email accounts and subdomains, custom domain names, unlimited storage, popup blocker, traffic stats, and 24/7 support.
In addition to all the features included with every plan, higher-level plans include SSL security certificates, hard drive storage upgrades, and site transfer assistance from one server to another. JustHost also offers a money-back guarantee for their services if you are not completely satisfied.
All JustHost packages included the following:
- Free Domain Name: Sign up for a free domain name or move a domain name you currently have to JustHost for free.
- Hosting for an unlimited number of domains: All JustHost plans support hosting for an endless number of parts, so you can host any of your websites on a server and manage anything that uses a cPanel account.
- Potentially unlimited resources are consisting of disk space, data transfer, and email accounts.
- Easy account management: The cPanel supplied with your Account makes it easy to set up, manage, optimize and promote your website. Your cPanel consists of functions for building your website and mounting apps. You can also configure your email accounts, manage your domains, view your website data and manage your data source.
- Free Manuscript Collection: All JustHost people have access to the free manuscript collection, including WordPress, osCommerce, phpBB, and Joomla. With JustHost, you can quickly expand the performance of your website and the capacity to collect and market features without having to write a single line of code.
If you desire extra, the adhering to attachments are available for acquisition throughout check out:
- Domain Privacy: Protect your name and contact information from open availability when your domain name is registered
- Site Lock Security: Get the Tools You Need to Remove Malware
- CodeGuard: Automate your website backups and monitor your website
- SEO Tools: Make sure your website is not only ranked in search engine results
- Site Backup Pro: An alternative to CodeGuard, but without monitoring functions
- Office 365 Email Essentials: Receive domain-based emails.
- Please note that not all of these options are available to you during the entire check-out period.
- If you’ve chosen a paid web hosting plan, you may currently have several of these attachments. Therefore, you will certainly not see the alternative of purchasing them.
Uptime and Performance: JustHost
A safe and reputable web hosting setting is essential. At JustHost, all websites are hosted on high-performance servers with quad-core CPUs, and the data center has a backup power source in the event of a power failure. In addition, JustHost carries out 24/7 monitoring so it can proactively respond to any problem.
JustHost does not offer any availability guarantees. However, in our tests, we never saw a fall that’s below 99.97% per month.
Server Response Speeds
In terms of efficiency, our research showed an average server response speed of 1,252 nanoseconds in 2018.
However, JustHost’s server response speed spiked in December 2018 and was 746 nanoseconds for the first four months of 2019.
That represents a significant improvement. However, it is still significantly slower than some of its competitors in the budget hosting space (the top entertainers’ average response times are ~ 300ms).
JustHost Customer Support
JustHost’s customer service offerings are superior to its competitors. The company provides 24/7 access for both phones, live chat, or email with their technical support team and the representatives you speak with that can quickly diagnose your issue and offer solutions promptly.
Phone Support for Dedicated Hosting Customers
Online resources that you’ve purchased a dedicated server for can connect to the JustHost team through a phone line that is only available to users with unique hosting plans.
JustHost uses essential documentation, a knowledge base, a startup guide, and some video clip tutorials for self-help resources.
If you are not happy with your JustHost plan, you can end it by logging into your control panel and most likely Account>> Renew. Then select the Do not renew button and click Next.
JustHost Money-back Guarantee
JustHost’s 30-day hosting money-back guarantee is a great way to test the waters of fantastic web services. If you are not completely satisfied with your service, then Just Host will refund every penny within thirty days of signing up!
But be warned: most additional products and Domains cannot be returned or exchanged for refunds, so make sure those things work out before signing on the dotted line!.
When you’re looking for a web hosting company, do your research and find the best solution to suit your needs.
When considering JustHost, you must consider alternatives or competitors like iPage, Hostwinds, and DigitalOcean to ensure we have found the right fit for our website! Reviewers choose these three companies as being some of the most effective solutions available on today’s market.
JustHost vs. Bluehost
Whether you need sharing, VPS, or committed hosting, you can find the appropriate options offered by both companies. However, Bluehost is known for its association with WordPress (although JustHost can also manage WordPress sites).
JustHost’s prices start a little higher than Bluehost’s, and prices go up because they mad up attachments. Bluehost, on the other hand, deals with managed services, which JustHost does not.
Both hosts offer pay-per-click advertising. However, Bluehost makes use of additional marketing services like SEO and bespoke web design.
In our tests, Bluehost’s server response rates are also significantly faster. For example, as of April 2019, they had an average server response speed of 383 nanoseconds versus JustHost’s 718 nanoseconds.
JustHost is one of the most popular hosting companies out there. They have been around for over a decade and host close to 250,000 domains. Their servers are located in North America, which has some performance benefits (especially if your visitors are from North America). In terms of speed, they scored below average, but that’s not really surprising given the number of sites it has to deal with.
JustHost is a provider of severe yet economical standard, VPS, and dedicated hosting. In addition, the extensive plans tend to come with features not usually provided by various other vendors, such as B. Server management services and cPanels for VPS hosting and specialized servers.
We hope this article has helped you to learn more about the benefits of using JustHost for your website hosting. This company offers competitive pricing, high-quality customer service and support, top-notch security features (including SSL), and excellent uptime. If you’ve enjoyed reading our review or have any additional questions, leave a comment below!
Just Host is the best budget-friendly website hosting service. Their servers are reliable, and their technical support team consistently gets rave reviews! They have a unique deal for WPBeginner customers, including free domain names, limitless email accounts, and cPanel access. In addition, JustHost provides economic holding plans that suit sites of any size - big or small!
- 24/7 customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free domain with annual plans
- Free website builder
- One-click installations
- Easy to use interface
- 24/7 live support
- Free domain enrollment
- A FREE domain name, email, and marketing tools
- FREE site building contractors and immediate account setup
- $ 200 in Facebook, Google, and Bing advertising credit ratings
- 24/7 live phone, conversation, and ticket support
- Easy-to-use cPanel control panel
- Back-ups are provided but not ensured
- A couple of source limits are putting on shared holding packages
- Free movement only with the much more pricey plans
- Shared organizing plans are restricted
- Knowledgebase looks out-of-date